EMO Hanover 2017 - PINACHO-METOSA DISPLAYS COST-EFFECTIVE TURNING CENTRES AND LATHES
A trio of cost-effective two- to four-axis Pinacho lathes, including a just-announced conventional lathe, will be displayed by Pinacho-Metosa of Spain.
Newly-appointed exclusive UK and Ireland distributor, T W Ward CNC Machinery Ltd says now available in the UK are the two-/three-axis ST Series and the up to four-axis (C axis) STH Series of semi heavy-duty turning centres capable of in-cycle milling, two of which are being displayed at EMO.
Constructed from high-quality castings - which Pinacho manufactures in its own foundry as an effective first step in maintaining manufacturing costs and strict high-quality construction principles – the machines boast excellent stability and damping qualities.
The STH series allows the use of the Y axis capability with its own independent servo motor adds in-cycle milling operations for single set-up machining of even the most bar- and billet-derived complex parts.
Two STH semi heavy-duty lathes will be on show, the STH 400 and STH 500.
With bed length variations up to 5,000 mm, the 17 kW STH Series includes models with up to four-axis (C axis) options among the two main model ranges that boast feed rates of 7,000 mm/min plus 10 m/min traverse rates in both Z and X axes:
- STH - 400: 805 mm swing over the bed, 720 mm swing over the carriage, 515 mm over the crosslide, spindle bores up to 230 mm and speeds of up to 1,000 rev/min. This model has centre distance options of 1,000 mm, 2,000 mm, 3,000 mm, 4,000 mm and 5,000 mm, and a range of A2-8/D1-8/A2-11/A-2 15 ASA/CAM-LOCK main spindle noses and 5MT and 6MT main spindle nose tapers.
- STH - 500: 1,010 mm swing over the bed, 935 mm swing over the carriage, 718 mm over the crosslide, spindle bores up to 310 mm and speeds of up to 1,400 rev/min. The STH-500 model has centre distance options of 2,000 mm, 3,000 mm, 4,000 mm and 5,000 mm and A2-11, 15 and 20 ASA/CAM-LOCK main spindle nose plus 5MT and 6MT main spindle nose tapers.
- Options for the STH Series include 12-position hydraulic automatic tool turret, eight-/12-station live tool turret, self-centring/independent three-/four-jaw chucks, rear chuck and a support for large boring bars.
Also available from Ward CNC, the ST Series comprises four main models - ST-180, ST-225, ST-285 and ST-310 - with each machine type embracing models of varying bed lengths up to 3,000 mm, and all are constructed with the headstock incorporating the servo motor and direct drive to the main spindle.
Additionally, the configuration of the ST Series allows a high degree of customisation with a wide range of additional options that include live tool turrets, up to 12 stations – to complement the standard automatic eight-station turret - manual and hydraulic chucks hydraulic steady and bar feed. There is also a larger spindle bore option for the ST310 model.
Feed rates of 7,500 mm/min plus Z and X axis traverse rates of 12 m/min and 15 m/min, respectively, are common across the range where there are differences in machining capacities, spindle bores and spindle ratings:
- ST -180: 360 mm swing over the bed, 1,000 mm between centres, 190 mm over crosslide, 42 mm spindle bore, 11 kW/4,000 rev/min spindle. This model has centre distance options of either 750 mm or 1,000 mm and an A2-5/D1-5 ASA/CAM-LOCK main spindle nose and 4MT main spindle nose taper.
- ST -225: 450 mm swing over the bed, 2,000 mm between centres, 260 mm over crosslide, 65 mm spindle bore, 15 kW/3,000 rev/min spindle. The ST-225 has centre distance options of 1,000 mm and 1,500 mm, and an A2-6/D1-6 ASA/CAM-LOCK main spindle nose and 5MT main spindle nose taper.
- ST -285: 560 mm swing over the bed, 3,000 mm between centres, 360 mm over crosslide, 80 mm spindle bore, 17 kW/2,500 rev/min spindle. This model has centre distance options of 1,000 mm, 1,500 mm, 2,000 mm and 3,000 mm, and an A2-8/D1-8 ASA/CAM-LOCK main spindle nose and 5MT main spindle nose taper.
- ST -310: 620 mm swing over the bed, 3,000 mm between centres, 410 mm over crosslide, 155 mm spindle bore, 17 kW/1,000 rev/min spindle.
- The ST-310 has centre distance options of 1,000 mm, 1,500 mm, 2,000 and 3,000 mm, and an A2-8 or A2-11/D1-8 ASA/CAM-LOCK main spindle nose and 5MT main spindle nose taper.
As standard, ST machines are supplied with electronic handwheels for the X and Z axes, plus manual tailstock.
Both ranges are offered with a choice of CNC, either Fanuc 0i-TF, Siemens 828D or Fagor 8055i/FL-TC.
YOU WILL FIND PINACHO AT THIS YEARS EMO EVENT IN HANOVER - Hall 16, Stand A23